We offer the following 3 workshops:
Supports employees who are already working flexibly, or who are thinking about flexible working. The workshop will give them the opportunity to consider all aspects of flexible working - from pre-application through to tips to make flexibility a success.
Managing a Flexible Career
Supports those employees who are already working flexibly and perhaps have been for a while. The workshop will give them the opportunity to consider how they can maximise their enjoyment, productivity and chance of career progression, all whilst working flexibly.
Supports managers to understand everything to do with flexibility in their teams; from the process through to dealing with specific scenarios. Managers will walk away from the workshop feeling confident that they can support their individual team members, as well as ensure overall team productivity.
- Enhancing the company's reputation as being a flexible, family-friendly employer, will attract new talent to the workplace
- Clear cultural message that flexible working is supported
- Skill levels are increased
- Increased motivation and engagement among employees
We regularly work with a client to deliver flexible working workshops for those who are considering or already working flexibly and for their managers. When we first started working with the client, they knew there had been some frustrations expressed at how the flexible working process had been managed, so felt it important to support both managers and employees whilst culturally embedding the new process.
When we asked the delegates what they took away from the workshops, the responses were as follows:
- It gave them a confidence boost to be reminded about all the positives and strengths that flexible workers can bring to the workplace
- It was helpful to identify their personal drivers and strengths to make them feel happy in their role
- Meeting others in the same situation as them
- The benefit of having a constructive environment to have their frustration about flexible working listened to – and to then be able to start thinking more positively about where they can take personal ownership to improve things
Managers benefited from:
- Better understanding of the flexible working application process and how to approach specific situations
- Understanding the emotions of the flexible worker
- Being able to discuss their own team situations with other managers, to identify new and creative ways of managing flexibility
‘The workshop addressed some of my specific concerns and there were lots of useful discussions. It was great to be reminded of the positive aspects of flexible working’